Snapchat is one of the world’s most popular social media sites, with millions of users signing in daily to share their experiences with friends and family.
Yet, several users have complained about being suddenly locked out of the program.
Several Snapchat users have noticed this issue, which may be baffling because it can occur even when there has been no update or change to the program.
With that, Snapchat is a fun social networking app that enables you to add stories to your profile and send snaps by utilizing fantastic and captivating lenses; you can unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
In this post, we will look at some of the reasons why does Snapchat keep logging me out and provide some potential remedies to assist in avoiding this from happening again.
Table of Contents
Solutions Over Why Does Snapchat Keep Logging Me Out?
Unless you check out manually, Snapchat will keep you signed in. The only exception is when the software is updated significantly.
It allows users to capture and edit photos before sharing them with others. You can create funny videos of them and share them on this for social media benefits.
Other than that, it would be best if you were logged in every time you accessed it.
Yet, Snapchat will occasionally lock you out for no apparent reason. If this occurs, it suggests that something is amiss behind the scenes.
Fortunately, several easy solutions can address the question, Why Does Snapchat Keep Logging Me Out?
To make things as simple as possible, we’ll begin with the most likely remedies before moving on to more unusual cures for why does Snapchat keep logging me out.
Here are some reasons for the proper methods for keeping your app logged in.
1. Updates and Background Refresh
Snapchat’s ‘Background App Refresh’ feature will occasionally lock you out. This happens when the app receives an essential update.
You will be prompted to log in again, after which you will be ready.
Nonetheless, when there is a background refresh process that keeps recurring, a problem might develop.
When you exit the program, the system demands a background refresh, which logs you out every time.
Also, you may use a buzz cut filter on Snapchat to instantly make it appear as though you have shaved your head and are bald.
To determine if the Snapchat Background App Refresh affects your repeated logouts, disable the setting. This is how.
- To reach the Settings menu, open your app menu and select the gear symbol.
- Choose “General,” followed by “Background App Refresh.”
- Find Snapchat by scrolling through the list of applications.
- Tap the toggle symbol to the right of the app’s name. This will prevent the program from renewing itself in the background.
On Current Android Devices:
- Choose the gear icon from your app’s menu.
- Next, choose “Network & Internet,” “Mobile Network,” and “App data consumption.”
- Scroll down and click Snapchat.
- To disable background refreshes, go to the menu and select “Background data.”
2. Third-Party App Issues
Third-party apps can interact with Snapchat in a variety of ways. To do so, they will first request permission to access your Snapchat data.
Snapchat is intended to be as safe as possible and frequently flags these apps as privacy risks.
Each snap you send or receive on Snapchat adds to your snap score, displayed on your profile next to your username. You can hide your Snapchat score.
Snapchat will automatically log you out to protect your information. This is more common on iOS, although it can occasionally happen on Android.
To resolve this issue, you should disable third-party app access. Here’s how to go about it:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- In the top left corner, tap your profile photo.
- In the top right corner, tap the gear symbol.
- Go to the Settings menu and choose “Connected Applications.”
- Choose any applications in the list and press “Remove App.”
Specific applications will operate perfectly with Snapchat. It’s a good idea to disable all applications first, then test one at a time to see which ones don’t create any problems.
3. Update Snapchat
Be sure to keep your Snapchat app updated on your smartphone to keep it working smoothly.
The app’s current version always adds enhancements, stability, bug fixes, and other features that will ultimately help users have a better user experience.
To accomplish this:
- Initially, go to the App Store app on your iPhone.
- On the bottom right side, tap the Search icon.
- Enter Snapchat into the search bar and look for it.
- You’ll now notice an update if one is available. To install the most recent version, click the Update button.
- After that, open the Snapchat app.
Lastly, check whether it prompts you to sign in to your account again on the next visit.
If the problem of why does Snapchat keep logging me out persists, try a different technique.
4. Your Snapchat Account Might Be Hacked
This is not the most common problem but the most serious one. You could detect unusual activity on your profile.
For example, you could notice messages you don’t recall sending or contacts you don’t remember adding.
Also, other people may point out that you’re posting anything unusual.
These circumstances typically indicate that someone has hacked into your account.
How to Stop Snapchat Hacking?
- To enter the “Settings” menu, launch “Snapchat,” then touch on your “profile icon.”
- Next, select “Two-Factor Authentication.”
- Choose “Forget Devices.”
- To “Forget” a device, tap the “X” symbol next to it.
- To confirm your actions, tap “Yes” for each one.
- To change your password, go to Snapchat Help and follow the instructions.
- Verify your “phone number” and “e-mail address.”
- Check in to your account once more, ideally on your primary device.
The approach outlined above is generally sufficient to drive away the invader. But it would help if you also tried to erase any strange accounts and review all communications to ensure no evidence of the hacker’s activities remains.
5. Check if Your Snapchat Account Is Locked
Finally, if all else fails on why does Snapchat keep logging me out, your Snapchat account may have been locked.
And according to us, it may be a reason for the question, “why does Snapchat keep logging me out?”
While there might be various causes for this, in most situations.
It’s because Snapchat detects any suspicious activity on your account or believes your account password has been hacked.
When this happens, Snapchat will prompt you to unlock your account when you attempt to log in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. If You Log in to Snapchat and Someone Else Logs in, Does Snapchat Lock You Out?
Ans. Sure, that is possible. Snapchat informs you while you are logged in on two devices. If you use someone else’s username and password to get into their Snapchat, they will be locked out instantly.
Q. How Long Does Snapchat Log You Out for?
Ans. A temporary lock is valid for 24 hours. This is done to maintain Snapchat enjoyable and safe for all users. If your Snapchat account has been frozen, it might be because they’ve discovered some behavior on your account that we don’t allow.
Snapchat is a hugely popular social media tool that millions of people use every day. Although, one of the most irritating issues users face is getting suddenly logged out.
You’ll understand why does Snapchat keeps logging me out and finding a solution.
Please let us know in the comments section if you know of another solution.