Snapchat Dark Mode has become increasingly popular among smartphone users due to its sleek and eye-friendly design.
Many apps have started offering dark mode options, including Snapchat. Now you can enable dark mode on Amazon App and website too. For that just read our blog.
However, as of now, Snapchat does not have an official dark mode feature. But don’t worry; there are still ways to get a dark mode experience on Snapchat for both Android and iOS devices.
This article will guide you through enabling Snapchat dark mode on your device. So stick to the end and get the taste of Dark Mode.
Let’s get started!!
Table of Contents
What is Snapchat Dark Mode?
Dark Mode on Snapchat is a display option that changes the app’s interface from its default light theme to a darker color scheme.
In Snapchat Dark Mode, the background of the app and various elements like text, icons, and menus are displayed in dark or black shades instead of bright colors.
This feature aims to provide users with a more visually comfortable and immersive experience, particularly in low-light conditions or at night.
While public profile on Snapchat is a profile that is visible to everyone on the platform. So you can do it easily and enjoy Dark Mode on it.
The dark color scheme of Snapchat Dark Mode reduces the amount of light emitted by the screen, which can help reduce eye pressure and make it easier to view content for extended periods.
Also, you can hide your Snapchat score; want to know how? For that, you can check our article on that.
Additionally, Snapchat Dark Mode often offers improved visibility, as the contrasting dark background enhances the visibility of content and reduces glare.
Regardless of other apps’ capabilities, here’s how to enable dark mode on Snapchat.
Get Dark Mode on Snapchat for Android
To get dark mode on Snapchat for Android, you can use various third-party apps that offer system-wide dark mode functionality.
Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1: Install a Third-Party Dark Mode App
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “Dark Mode App” or “system-wide dark mode” in the search bar.
- Choose a popular and highly-rated app from the search results, such as “Dark Mode” or “Dark Mode Theme.”
- Install the app on your device by tapping the “Install” button.
Step 2: Activate Dark Mode
- Once the Dark Mode app is installed, open it on your device.
- Follow the instructions provided by the app to enable system-wide dark mode.
- Usually, you will need to grant specific permissions to the app to change the system settings.
- Open the Snapchat app once the Dark Mode is activated on your device.
Step 3: Enjoy Snapchat Dark Mode
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android device.
- Since you have enabled system-wide dark mode, Snapchat will automatically adopt the dark theme.
- You can now use Snapchat in dark mode and enjoy the sleek and visually appealing interface.
Get Dark Mode on Snapchat for iOS
Enabling dark mode on Snapchat for iOS is slightly different compared to Android. Since iOS offers a built-in dark mode feature, you won’t need to rely on third-party apps.
Follow these steps to enable dark mode on Snapchat for iOS:
Step 1: Activate Dark Mode on Snapchat
- Unlock your Snapchat and go to “Settings“.
- Scroll down and tap on “App Appearance” under your My Account.
- In the “Appearance” section, select “Always Dark” to activate the dark mode throughout your device.
Step 2: Launch Snapchat in Dark Mode
- Locate the Snapchat app on your iOS device’s home screen.
- Tap on the Snapchat icon to open the app.
- Snapchat will automatically adjust its theme to match the system-wide dark mode setting.
- You can now enjoy using Snapchat in dark mode on your iOS device.
Although Snapchat does not offer an official dark mode feature, you can still enjoy a dark mode experience on Android and iOS devices.
By using third-party apps for Android or enabling the system-wide dark mode on iOS, you can achieve a sleek and visually appealing dark theme in Snapchat.
So, give it a try to enhance your Snapchat experience with Snapchat dark mode.