Concerned about home security and looking forward to performing the security camera installation? Keep scrolling the page and getting updated with every aspect of the best surveillance camera and its security camera installation guide.
Once seen at banks and check-out counters of the retail source, security cameras are now present everywhere, be it gas stations, traffic intersections, restaurants, at any location one can imagine.
These have been coupled with developing technologies like the internet, cloud computing, etc., to expand their capabilities and improve their ease of use and efficiency.
There is no denying the fact that installing safety cameras seems to be a daunting and time-consuming task.
However, this all depends on where we want to place the camera and its power source.
The security camera installation process unarguably differs based on the company and model, but specific basic steps are common for all.
New to the security system installers and unsure where to begin from? Here, we’ve put together some of the best practices of home security camera installation.
Let’s have a look here!!
- What is Surveillance Camera System?
- Why Should You Go for Surveillance Camera System?
- Easy Way to Perform Security Camera Installation in 2021
- Our Thoughts
What is Surveillance Camera System?
As the name suggests, surveillance cameras are introduced to keep an eye on a particular space to ensure safety. It works on the IP network that links the remote area’s camera to the specific security location.
They have gained immense popularity in various sectors and can now be seen everywhere.
A Surveillance Camera System serves as an effective security measure and is a great tool to achieve a sense of safety.
These are generally the video recording device that captures your home’s footage and shows the same to your mobile or laptop.
The use of surveillance cameras has increased tremendously because of their advantages. Such a camera system is highly efficient since you can easily access the feed on your phone or any system.
So, what keep you waiting for now? Add this surveillance camera to your collection and keep your property safe and secure.
Why Should You Go for Surveillance Camera System?
Long gone are those days when security cameras were found in retail shops and banks, as now is when it has become an integral part of every home and business.
Here, we have listed some of the primary reasons to opt for the surveillance camera system.
- To Ensure Safety & Security
- Keeps tab on activities
- Improves outside security for customers and employees
1. To Ensure Safety & Security
The very first reason to opt for these cameras is to safeguard your property from unauthorized access.
It gives you an extra eye that protects your space all the time and avoids any unexpected threat.
2. Keep tab on activities
Security cams are generally installed to keep a tab on employers’ and servants’ activities and check whether they are doing their jobs properly or not.
You can easily keep an eye on them by installing these cameras in a strategic location.
3. Improves outside security for customers and employees
The presence of a surveillance camera system gives a sense of customers security or your employee.
It ensures that your professionals keep watching the entire space and take appropriate measures as soon as they detect any suspicious activity.
Easy Way to Perform Security Camera Installation in 2021
Since now you are aware of all essential aspects of the safety cameras, it’s now time to check out the procedure to perform security camera installation.
Without further ado, let’s get started!!
- Start with a security camera Installation Plan.
- Buy the best surveillance camera.
- Create the camera Mount for the wireless and wired cameras.
- Get the security camera installed.
- Establish the connection.
Now you can check briefly about the above-mentioned steps for security camera installation.
Step 1: Start With an Installation Plan
First of all, you need to develop an installation plan depending on your preferences and start working accordingly. For example,
- You need to mark the major locations where you need to place the safety cameras. These can be a staircase, rooms, kitchen, porches, exterior, etc.
- Once you have decided the locations, it is your responsibility to visit every place and check whether you can install the camera there without any obstacles or not.
- If you are going to install the surveillance camera system outdoors, then make sure to place the same at least 10ft above the ground so that nobody can change its position or hinder its performance.
- While choosing the location, keep weather conditions in mind and place the camera in a safe area.
- If you look forward to the wired camera system, check how well you manage the wires to connect the camera with the DVR box.
Step 2: Buy the Best Surveillance Camera
So, now you have done with creating the installation plan, it’s now time to figure out the best security camera that fits your needs and requirements well.
- Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned pro using this technology, it is recommended to go for the bundled camera systems. These include all essential accessories that are required to install the camera.
- The internet is loaded with a myriad of surveillance cameras, and, therefore, making a choice is not as simple as it seems to be. It would be best to take every single fact in mind while buying the camera for your property.
- Wireless security cameras are generally preferred as they take less time for installation with minimum drilling. However, they are suitable only for a limited space. If you are looking to cover the large property, then go for the wired one.
- During the surveillance camera buying process, you cannot afford to overlook the motion-sensor feature. This quality enables the camera to capture pictures whenever it detects motion.
- Buy the camera according to your setup plan and check what extra accessories are required to complete the security system installation process.
- Don’t forget to add the cable extenders, weather shields, digital video recorder, and network video recorder to enhance the capabilities of the surveillance camera.
- Lastly, you are suggested to test every single component in the camera system before commencing the security camera installation process to avoid the last-minute hassle.
Step 3: Create the Camera Mount for Wireless and Wired Camera
Finally, purchased the camera and thinking what next? Well, it’s now time to prepare for the mount where it has to be placed. Now, keep in mind that the mounting system is different for wireless and wired security system installers.
Let’s check out the guide for both of them here.
Creating Mount for Wireless Security Camera
- Use the drill template that usually comes with most of the camera kits and start creating pilot holes at the indicators for mounting screws.
- Pick the included pins and get them installed by tapping with the hammer with light hands.
- Now, screw the camera mount into the wall securely.
Creating Mount for the Wired Security Camera
- Go through the drill template and drill pilot holes at the given indicators for placing mounting screws.
- Now, drill the large hall in the center of the guide by using the spade bit for the cables. Repeat the same step for all camera locations.
- Follow your security camera installation plan and run the cables through the camera mount points behind the wall until you reach the DVR box. Here, it would be best if you had fish tape to feed cables behind the wall and ensure they will remain in their position.
- Repeat the previous step for all camera mounts.
Step 4: Get the security camera installed.
As the camera mount has been created, wait no more and install the camera to complete the setup.
- If you are using wireless cameras, then add batteries to them before installation. However, if you have opted for the wired camera system, connect the camera cables.
- In the next step, users will have to establish a connection between the camera and the power source.
- Once you are done with this, place the surveillance camera on the mount and make the required adjustments to get a perfect image. This is to be done for all camera locations.
- Make sure that your camera is secured in the position appropriately.
Step 5: Establish the connection.
Since now the camera has been installed successfully, let’s establish the connection and start using the same hassle-free.
- For this, you are required to connect the input cable of your camera to the DVR box.
- Keep in mind the input number to choose which camera to view.
- Attach DVR port with the monitor to keep an eye on every movement happening outside or inside the property.
- Make sure that cables are connected securely, and all components are well-attached to avoid hassle later on.
- However, if you installed the wireless surveillance camera system, you will have to install the unit’s software and follow the on-screen prompts to get it started.
This is all about the security camera installation process. I hope this guide helps you in installing the camera unit.
Every property deserves to be protected, and these safety cameras have been introduced to serve this purpose well.
Nowadays, when homeowners called professionals to complete security camera installation, which can be done without guidance, a matter of the past is.
The market is full of handy camera options that come with the ready-to-use feature. Make a choice that fits your needs and budget and purchase the same without any fuss.
What are you waiting for? This guide is mainly the game plan in which you need to strategize the location, buy the best option, and get it installed without any hassle.
Use the guide as mentioned above step by step and install the security camera wherever you want.