TechSpunk thinks practically; the reasons for blocking a website on Chrome can be several. You must check all steps about How to block a website on Chrome easily or quickly.
When there are scenarios that demand the setting up of desktop computers in school or when you want to control your child’s access to Google, you might need to block few websites.
Even if you catch yourself getting distracted during work hours at home, you might choose to block websites on Chrome.
You can block a website on Google Chrome for Desktop, Android, and iOS as well.
With the help of the BlockSite extension, you can block the virtual girlfriend app for your family.
How to Block a Website on Chrome? (Desktop / Android)
There is nothing wrong with blocking several websites on Chrome. But you need to know the correct and easiest way of blocking the websites.
Take the help of TechSpunk’s informative blog post and do it with ease.
1. How to Block a Website on Chrome Desktop?
If you want to learn How to block websites on Chrome in a hassle-free manner, stay tuned. Go through the step by step guide as mentioned below:
- Search for the Chrome extension called BlockSite and add it to the browser.
- The pop-up box comprises the Add Extension option.
- Checking for the Chrome extension’s image on the topmost right-hand angle of the Chrome screen.
- This step permits you to visit websites that you want to block.
Check the brief description of the above-mentioned steps:
1. Search for the Chrome extension called BlockSite and add it to the browser.
The simplest method to block websites on Chrome is by visiting through Chrome and then downloading the browser extension.
Block Site is the best Chrome extension that is accessible via the Chrome web store.
You can choose this site extension, or you can select another tool also that you find reliable.
Choose the “Add to Chrome” option, situated in the upper right-hand of the screen.
2. The pop-up box comprises the Add Extension option.
As you click on Add to Chrome’sChrome’s option, you will be witnessing a window that will appear. This will summarize the main features of the extension.
When you are satiated with the choice, you can click on the Add extension in the window to officially install the extension on the browser.
3. Checking for the Chrome extension’s image on the topmost right-hand angle of the Chrome screen.
As you are done with the extension’s downloading, there will be a new icon that will be appearing through the top of the Chrome browser.
You can choose the browser’s icon by looking at the following description.
There will be a circle with an orange shield along with a diagonal line via the middle.
It would help if you made sure that the icon is appearing to confirm the extension’s installation.
4. This step permits you to visit websites that you want to block.
Suppose you find few websites that are inappropriate or distracting and want to block those websites for some time.
You can do this by visiting the website, clicking on the orange shield sign in the upper right corner, and then clicking on Block this website.
Some Announcement for Desktop User
When you are done with this step, you will not be able to open those websites at any cost. However, there are also ways of unblocking the websites that you have already blocked.
Just click on the option that says Edit your list situated at the top right. Otherwise, you can also choose to click on the icon, following which you can click on the option Edit block sites list.
The number of websites that you have blocked will always be equipped with a minus icon that you can find at the right.
If you click on the minus button, you can easily unblock any website.
2. How to Block a Website on Chrome Android?
Learning how to block websites on Chrome is a straightforward process. But do you want to block the websites from your android mobile device?
Here also you can utilize the extension as we mentioned above. This is an application that can be download as well.
Now educate yourself about how to use the extension for blocking particular websites on Android:
- Download and install the BlockSite application on your android phone.
- Now you need to open the BlockSite application.
- Go to the phone’s settings to enable the application to allow it to block the websites.
- Tap on the icon that says green + for blocking the first application or website.
- Tap on the checkmark on the uppermost right-hand corner to confirm the blocking of the website.
Learn the above-mentioned steps in describe:
1. Download and install the BlockSite application on your android phone.
GooglePlay is a marketplace that you can utilize for downloading apps both paid and free into your Smartphone. From here, you can seek for BlockSite application.
2. Now you need to open the BlockSite application.
As you are done downloading the application, you can open it by clicking on the icon appearing on the Smartphone.
3. Go to the phone’s settings to enable the application to allow it to block the websites.
After opening the BlockSite application on your Smartphone, tap on the Go to settings option when prompted.
The application will make you move towards the phone’s application settings.
Enabling the app is essential for gaining control over the browser to block the websites you find unimportant.
Discover this application in the settings list and then tap on the app. Tapping will activate the application for you.
4. Tap on the icon that says green + for blocking the first application or website.
As you enable the BlockSite app, return to the application for tapping on the green + sign on the lowermost corner of the Smartphone screen.
By this, you will be taken to a page that will allow you to block a mobile application or a website by inflowing the app’s name in the search bar.
5. Tap on the checkmark on the uppermost right-hand corner to confirm the blocking of the website.
Put in the complete website URL that you wish to block, and you will witness a green checkmark located on the uppermost right-hand corner of the screen.
It will become available to you. As you tap on it, you will be able to block the website successfully.
In the following screen that will appear, you can easily remove or edit websites and applications from the blocked list at any point in time.
By looking at the steps mentioned above, we know how laid-back it is to block Chrome websites. There can be several times when you may feel the need to know How to block a website on Chrome.
Some websites can build cache in your desktop computer or Smartphone, or you might not want your kids to witness few websites at a tender age.
When you are concerned with all these instances, go through the step-by-step guide to block the websites either from your Smartphone or desktop computer.